Traction has 3 programs designed to help our local shelter and rescue dogs find and stay in their perfect forever homes!
Learn more about these programs for local rescues, and contact us to benefit from these programs as a Traction partner.
FREE TRAINING FOR RESCUE DOGS
We offer a free, in-home training session for anyone who:
- Newly adopted a dog from a recognized rescue organization
- Is surrendering their dog to a rescue due to behavior problems.
Simply send pet parents to tractiondtc.com/rescue, where they can schedule their free training session.
We’ll send you training session vouchers to include in your take-home packet for newly adopted dogs.
SPECIALIZED BOARDING FOR RESCUES
We custom built the only kennels designed to safely hold dogs who are reactive, aggressive, or otherwise anti-social.
- Indoor/outdoor runs with externally controlled doors allow all care to be contact-free, even during feeding and cleaning.
- One-way tinted plexiglass walls prevent reactive, anxious, or barrier-aggressive dogs from seeing each other during boarding.
- The live-in caregiver is specially trained to monitor health and happiness using contact-free methods.
Not only are there typically no viable options for dogs who don’t do well in standard boarding environments, but standard boarding environments can trigger behavior concerns not previously seen in many dogs.
Learn more about our SoloStay kennels.
DONATIONS FOR YOUR RESCUE
Every time someone who adopted a dog from your rescue boards their dog in our specialized boarding kennels, we’ll donate $5 per day of their reservation to your rescue. For the lifetime of the dog!
This encourages pet parents to safely manage and prevent behavior concerns in their dog that may cause issues in their new home.